Tuesday 13 August 2013

Rihanna For River Island

So Rihanna has launched her 3rd collection for River Island and to be honest I am quite disappointed!
I thought a lot of her items from the previous two were pretty sophisticated and I could of seen myself wearing a few of the items such as these below which are from her autumn winter and spring summer collection!




With these items and a lot of others from the two collections I felt like any girl could buy them and wear them, they didn't have to be particularly into fashion. She had put her on edge on it while thinking of her target audience and how to keep it as wide as possible and please them. I like wearing things that are a bit different sometimes but for me her new collection is just a bit to out there to walk around Scotland wearing it!

She has gone camouflage crazy, now I have a faded camouflage jacket from Topshop that I bought last winter. I absolutely love it but I think a jacket is a bit different tho these items....


Also she has G4Life on the majority of the pieces, we don't all want to be gangstas, do we?

This is my first blog where I have really expressed a dislike for something but I just feel like firstly I thought Rihanna had better style than this and secondly I can't see anyone walking down the street in leather knee high camouflage boots, can you?

To be honest I do like one or two pieces i think the baseball tops are really cute and even though I'm not a bit fan of mesh there is something about the mesh maxi dress that caught my eye..

Baseball Top £40
Black mesh dress, £50
 Here are a few other pieces from the collection so let me know what you think...

Red G4Life Jumper, £35

Black Cropped Jumper, £35

Camouflage Vest, £35

High-shine Shorts, £40

Striped Maxi Dress, £60 (btw this has a hood..)

Mono Print Leggings, £25

Oversized Striped T-shirt, £30

Ax

2 comments:

  1. Gawwwd Rihanna needs to give it up, G4Life, come on?! And you're right, those boots? Nah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love some of it but the G4Life stuff is just cringey! Ill be shocked if she makes many sales on it! Love the baseball top though!!

    xx
    http://sophie-henderson.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete