Thursday 22 August 2013

10 Things You Need For A City Break

So I am excited to say that after cancelling my last holiday due to my back I am officially off to Paris in 13 days! I went for a few days last year and loved it so much I had to go back. This time me and my boyfriend are going for a whole week. I went at the same time last year as it’s my birthday on the 9th of September, and let’s face it who wouldn’t want to wake up in Paris on their birthday for the 2nd year in a row!

I’m not always what you would call an organised person however packing, is a whole other matter. There are lists and sub lists, usually made weeks before to ensure I have everything I want to take in my suitcase. However I am also a terrible over packer and once everything off my list is in I tend to just throw in the remainder of my wardrobe, you know, just in case!


Last year when I went to Paris with my Mum and Sister I made a few mistakes, 


Vintage Principles Outfit
I wanted to be glamorous in one of the fashion capitals of the world so insisted on wearing my heels all day, BIG MISTAKE! After about 3 miles of walking on day 1 my feet were in agony which resulted in having to wear flats the rest of the holiday as it was too painful to wear anything else on my feet.

I also took my handbag which is in the above photo, and as much as I love it having to hold it all the time was such a pain.

Finally I took a lot of loose, floaty skirts and dresses as I thought it’d be comfortable and cooling however the air vents on the floor resulted in a major of a Marilyn Munro moment, and because I was too busy holding my bag and phone I had no hands to hold my dress down, quite possible one of the most embarrassing moments of my life...


Luckily I was more prepared on this occassion
I have put together my top 10 things you should pack for a city break which will top of my list this year.


  1. 24 Hours Dress, just in case you lose track of time and head straight to dinner - available here
  2. Map, getting lost will waste a lot of time so make sure you map out where you are going 
  3. Hair Accessories, with the heat and all that walking its far too hot to have long hair - available here
  4. Camera, capture your memories and unforgettable moments
  5. Denim, to dress up or down, go to item if you don't know what to put on - available here
  6. Comfortable Shoes, trust me you will thank me for this one - available here
  7. Sunglasses, to make any outfit look effortless, my personal choice, Finlay&Co - available here
  8. Hands Free Handbag, to make life easier, available here
  9. Mini Suntan Lotion, to carry in your handbag, Malibu smells amazing
  10. Neutral Pair of Heels, to go with everything in your suitcase - available here
I hope this is helpful, please comment if you can think of anything else... 

A x

1 comment: