Saturday 15 February 2014

London Fashion Week Day 1

First day, nervous was an understatement! I arrived an hour early at Somerset House and decided that I'd rather stand in the cold and RAIN watching everyone arrive in their private cars with blacked out windows, the thought of missing something or someone was definitely a fear I had.


I know it look miserable... anyway I finally got inside and collected my designer showroom pass!


So my job is simple, buyers and press from all over the world come to see Finlay&Co's glasses stand and I was there to answer their questions and queries. The press I spoke to ranged from Vogue Italia, to a Vancouver based magazine, to Elle UK and The Herald. Its pretty nerve wracking but once you've got the first few out the way it becomes pretty natural and easy.

Yesterday was an exciting day for the brand anyway as they launched their brand new website and their new sunglasses ranges, you really need to take a look, www.finlayandco.com

 
 


(blogger doesn't seem to want to change the size of these photos.....)

Every so often I'd take a break and have a peak at everyone queuing for shows under their umbrellas, holding their Prada bags close to save them from the rain, posing for photos.

It was a long and hard first day but meeting all the different people was an amazing experience!

When I was done for the day I went to Shoreditch for dinner at The Drunken Monkey, such amazing Chinese food, and loads of dim sun!! We then went on to a Mexican bar which I have to say was a hidden gem, from the outside it looked like a simple sophisticated bar, inside... was mayhem there was so much colour different rooms with different features, one contained a caravan cut in half that you could sit in and have drinks!



Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment