Saturday 14 September 2013

Paris in September

So the last week I have been in the gorgeous city of Paris and I couldn’t resist writing a blog about my trip.
It was my 20th birthday while I was away and I was fine with leaving my teens until my boyfriend and sister went on about it, trying to make me feel bad and its only because Alex is reaching his mid 20’s and my sister is in her late 20’s!!! But anyway on to Paris;



First thing you need to know about Paris is that it is expensive, everyone knows it is but we discovered a few ways you can save money. At the majority of tourist attractions such as the Eiffel Tower people age 14-26 get money off, you also save money on the subways on weekends so if you are in this age bracket make sure you always carry something to prove your age as you will definitely save a few pennies. Another thing we found was that a lot of bars have Happy Hours usually between 1pm and 9pm so if you are going to stop for a drink during the day make sure you find a bar that's on happy hour and at night head out before 9 for a few half price drinks, trust me you enjoy a cosmopolitan much more when its 6 euros instead of 12!

We did all the usual touristy things seen as it was Alex first time in Paris; 

The Louvre
And its fair to say I got a bit bored after 3 hours....

The Eiffel Tower 
Anyway you get the idea but what I really wanted to share was all my favourite things from the last two years that not everyone knows. First of all my favourite bar is a Piano Bar in the Latin Quarter called Le Relais de la Huchette its a very cute bar that has a grand piano and a different singer each night. They do amazing Cosmopolitans and the staff are lovely they even come over to your table to remind you that Happy Hour is about to finish and did we want another drink (half price!)




Another favourite thing of mine is the ice cream place that is Amorino they are all over Paris and I would highly recommend popping in if you pass one. My favourite flavours are Cherry and Amaretto, but the best thing is as well as the ice cream being amazing you get it sculpted into rose petals!




Also I recommend a visit to the Sacre Cour, even if you don't like visting cathedral on holiday sitting on the steps in the sun and watching the street performers is so much fun and will keep you amused for hours. 




I have probably missed out a lot but its getting a tad long and there are way too many photos. I hope you liked my blog on Paris, let me know what you think and if you have ever been and what your favourite things were!!

Ax

3 comments:

  1. Great post, love your photos! We're going to Paris in May, it'll be the first time for both of us (I did go to Eurodisney for 2 days in 1992 but we didn't go to Paris itself), so we'll be doing all the touristy things (and hopefully finding discount cocktails along the way!) Happy belated birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure you will love Paris as much as I do.
      Thank you for the birthday message and I hope you have an amazing time when you go :)

      X

      Delete
  2. Looks lovely the piano bar sounds great! Jess xx

    ReplyDelete