Thursday 26 September 2013

Memory Boxes

I love my room at university but I don’t have my things to decorate it with as room decorations are normally expensive and seen as unnecessary purchases for a student. Also like most fashion students i'd rather spend my money on clothes and cocktails!

I recently went to Paris and came back with all my tickets from places we went and small memoirs such as a spare key to our lock on lovers bridge, also I messed up the first padlock we got so I have kept that one as a wee keepsake! These were just shoved in a box full of junk which I though was such a shame and wanted someone I could keep them properly so they didn't get lost.



Seen as I am a bit fashion obsessed I thought why not do a box for each fashion capital in the world seen as I have been to all 4.



I started off by ordering 6 plain wood boxes from eBay (they only came in sets of 6) these cost £12 in total.
I then went to Homebase and picked  up some tester tubes of paint 




The reason I chose the colours I did is because my room is white and greens, this is because I fell in love with a gorgeous material which my mum made into a bed throw for me, but you could choose any mix of colours you want!


I then painted each box a different colour and down one side wrote the name of each place



I'm going to print off my favourite photos from each place and fill them with memoirs and hopefully if I go back to these places I can add to them every time! 

I know this blog is a little different from usual but I hope you like it. Let me know what you think of my idea!!

Ax

4 comments:

  1. That sounds so cute. I love filing away all my memories via photos and things like that. I've kept loads of my old cinema tickets!

    x
    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love this! But as you visit more places won't you need more boxes? x

    MUA Intense Kisses Glosses

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many memory boxes but none of mine are this cute, I'm deffo going to get decorating them like this :)
    Thanks for the tip!

    elissex.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fab idea, I keep all my memories in shoe boxes! I need like a big huge box as i'm such a hoarder! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/
    Check out my giveaway to win Real Techniques and NUXE goodies!

    ReplyDelete