Tuesday 15 October 2013

Evening Dress Stress

OK so I finally have an actual date for my Boyfriend’s work’s Christmas Dinner Dance and to be honest I wish I didn’t know now. Ever since finding out I have been so stressed out about what to wear. Its not till December so I have a lot of time yet but until I find a dress I know i'll be worrying about it so the sooner I find one, the better. 

The last formal event I went to was my school prom;


Although I absolutely love my dress its a bit too much for a Christmas dinner!

So here we go....

Problem Number One - I know that I can wear a short dress or long dress which obviously just makes it harder cause now I have the decision of which one should I go for and both options may have consequences!



Problem Number Two - I suspect I will be the youngest one there and although this doesn't bother me I don’t want to wear something too young. HOWEVER I don’t want to dress older than I should and look frumpy!



Problem Number Three – What colour should I go for? I was thinking black? Its formal and a safe option, but is it boring? There are so many beautiful dresses in all different colours so do I risk it and be a bit more adventurous?

I realise this is still black but its a bit more adventurous than plain?
available here

available here


Problem Number Four - Whats the best option if I get a backless dress and a bra isn't an option? I need suggestions on this as my boob popping out isn't exact;y something I want to happen especially when meeting my boyfriends work colleagues!! Can you imagine the humiliation!





Problem Number Five – I’m a student, I don’t have a lot of money (mainly because of my Topshop addiction!) And there are so many amazing dresses way out of my price range. Does anyone know any websites where I could get a gorgeous dress at a low price?

available here
available here
Any help is welcome as I guess you'll of gathered by now I have no idea what to do! 

Ax 

5 comments:

  1. Why don't you go for something simple but elegant like a maxi dress (depending on how tall you are I guess), and then wear some accessories and a pair of comfortable heels to "glam" it up?
    River Island have some lovely dresses at the moment: Click Here
    Miss Selfridge have some pretty ones too.

    Love Daniela (Found you on UK Bloggers)
    Oh Ella Bella
    P.s. I'm having a Jewellery competition if you are interested in entering:
    http://ohellabella.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog.html

    Happy Halloween! oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.p.s. Why not go for navy or maybe a burgundy? Good Luck oxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for your suggestion I think I am going to try and find a really simple maxi dress and treat myself to some wow shoes!
      Ax

      p.s i'll make sure to go and check out your blog just now :)

      Delete
  3. I want to buy that glossy middy dress in lavender color shown in second picture from last. Please tell me how I can purchase it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, its by Jaeger and I found it on House of Fraser however it went into sale and is no longer available on their site, so you would have to go to a Jaeger shop or try and find it online, its simply called 'Jaeger Metallic Dress, Pink' or you could even try calling Jaeger customer services!
      Hope this helps :)

      Ax

      Delete